Tues-Sat 10:30am - 8pm / Sun 10:30am - 6pm
Blended from rare wood-aged ports matured for five decades in oak casks, Taylor’s Golden Age is a special collector’s edition port released in very limited quantities.
This 50-year-old Tawny was sourced in the eastern reaches of the Douro Valley, location of many of the finest vineyard estates and traditional source of the most long-lasting wines. Prior to blending, the individual wines were aged in Taylor’s cellars in seasoned oak casks specially selected and set aside by the firm’s team of expert coopers.
Chestnut, copper colour core with a light golden rim. The primary aromas are elegant, rich and very delicate. Notes of rum and raisin, clove, nutmeg and a hint of cracked black pepper. Prunes, quince and apricot dance on your palate as the zest of lemon and orange deliver a freshness of acidity to balance the richness of the wine.
Notes of scorched pineapple, passion fruit and lychee balance beautifully with the toasted coconut, almonds and butterscotch. The texture and weight of the wine wraps the palate and finishes bright, fresh and poised. The wine lingers for an eternity, beckoning you in for more.
1. Come and visit the shop (Get 5% off 6 bottles and 10% off if you buy 12 bottles or more in store - excludes wines already on offer and our mixed cases which already have an amzing saving!)
2. Free delivery on orders within 15 miles of the shop
3. £4.99 delivery for orders 15-20 miles from the shop
4. National courier by parcelforce
5. Free delivery to mainland UK for orders over £180 in value (excludes The Highlands, Islands of Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly).
The ‘Golden Age’ 50 year old Tawny Port is a blend of Ports that have been carefully aged in oak barrels in the Taylors cellars for over half a century. A beautiful combination of honeyed raisin, dark molasses and toffee and delicious spicy oak. Gloriously opulent and unctuous this is undoubtedly the best Port we have tasted all year.
There are no reviews yet.
You must be logged in to post a review.