Tues-Sat 10:30am - 8pm / Sun 10:30am - 6pm
Deep purple color with a fine purple rim. The nose displays very fine and pure black fruit, a fusion of black cherry, cassis and blackberry jam aromas, with notes of crushed mint, an ethereal fragrance of violets and hints of ripe tropical fruit. The year has given an additional layer of purity and refinement to Fonseca’s subtle and complex fruit character, as well as an attractive minerality. The weather pattern of the 2016 vintage was relatively unusual. Rainfall in April and May was almost three times the average of the last10 years. It replenished groundwater reserves that had been reduced due to the previous year’s drought, but also resulted in significant fruit loss and consequent reduced yields in some areas, as well as a late start to the ripening cycle. In contrast, July gave way to the onset of hot, dry conditions that lasted for the rest of the summer. Ripening was uniform, gradual and completed after a few rains in mid-September.
1. Come and visit the shop (Get 5% off 6 bottles and 10% off if you buy 12 bottles or more in store - excludes wines already on offer and our mixed cases which already have an amzing saving!)
2. Free delivery on orders within 15 miles of the shop
3. £4.99 delivery for orders 15-20 miles from the shop
4. National courier by parcelforce
5. Free delivery to mainland UK for orders over £180 in value (excludes The Highlands, Islands of Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Isles of Scilly).
There are no reviews yet.
You must be logged in to post a review.