20th January 2021 by The Whalley Wine Shop Team
We are delighted to let you know that we have launched our new promotion today! On our promo wall we have 26 different offers featuring excellent wines at really sharp prices starting at just £6.29. Plus we have some amazing case offers which are available in store and online.
Our mission since day one has been to find superb quality wines that really over deliver at the price point. We think these offers are so great and stick to that mantra, so we wanted to share them with you…
- Rewa Sparkling Rose – Was £34.99, now £26.99, SAVE £8
Named after New Zealand’s native honeysuckle tree- the rewarewa- this sparkling rose is crafted solely from Pinot Noir grapes and aged in the bottle for 24 months on lees; producing an elegant yet complex wine with bright berry aromas and brioche notes. Available online- buy here.
- Deutz Champagne – Was £37.99, now £32.99, SAVE £5
The three different champagne grapes are blended in equal proportions, ensuring it shows perfect harmony. Mellow on the nose, flavours reminiscent of acacia flowers, apples and brioche. There is a freshness from the Chardonnay, the fruitiness and structure of Pinot Noir and a touch of vinosity from the Pinot Meunier. Available online- buy here.
- Carod Vegan Sparkling Wine- Was £12.49, now £8.99, SAVE £3.50
If you like a glass of fizz but want to keep an eye on your alcohol consumption this month why not try this fabulous French fizzy that’s fully vegan! This sparkling wine is bursting with lovely sweet flavours of fresh fruit such as apple, citrus and exotic fruit. Available online- buy here.
- Vilarnau Limited Edition – Was £12.99, now £9.99, SAVE £3
Produced from indigenious grapes such as Macabeo, Parellada and Subirat Parent, this wine features prominent aromas of fresh fruit on the nose. The palate has a very well balanced acidity and sweetness for an easy drink. It is light, fresh and perfectly balanced, with a fine stream of delicate bubbles. Available online- buy here.
- Champagne Lete Vautrain Brut – Was £27.99, now £21.99, SAVE £6*
- Saint Louis Blanc de Blancs – Was £8.49, now £6.29, SAVE £2.20*
- Tohu Sauvignon Blanc – Was £15.99, now £12.99, SAVE £3
Tohu’s award winning wines are produced by New Zealand’s first Maori-owned wine company. Tropical fruit and herbal notes lead to a palate of ripe pineapple, pink grapefruit and citrus zest; creating a vibrant wine with freshness and length. Available online- buy here.
- Elite d’or Chardonnay/Roussanne – Was £16.99, now £14.99, SAVE £2
Exceptional quality full white wine produced in very small quantities. Elegant with delicate peach and nectarine aromas complemented with a great persistence. Best enjoyed with scallops, asparagus or brie de Meaux cheese! Available online- buy here.
- Chronus Dao Branco – Was £10.99, now £8.99, SAVE £2
This is a mouth watering wine from Northern Portugal. Fresh and elegant with citric and white flower aromas and a stony fruit character. Mineral notes on the palate and plenty of white fruit flavours. Available online- buy here.
- Aresan Verdejo – Was £8.99, now £7.99, SAVE £1
Castillo de Aresan is located in the heart of Castilla. This excpetional organic vineyard of 200 hectares flourishes at 750m high, which brings strength and character to the wine. Expressive and fruity in the nose with notes of apricot, this wine is well balanced with a fresh finish. Available online- buy here.
- Little Cricket Gruner Veltliner £7.99 each or 6 for £40, SAVE £7.94
Dry, clean and crisp with bright notes of citrus, pear, light green apple and a hint of white pepper. Gruner Veltliner is a white grape variety most commonly grown in Austria, however this is a great little wine from Hungary and is incredibly food friendly. Available online- buy here.
- Vinecrafter Chenin Blanc £7.49 each or 6 for £40, SAVE £4.94
Chenin Blanc is the signature white grape from South Africa and consistently produces superb quality wine at fantastic prices. The soil of the Western Cape consists of ancient (350 million to 500 million years old) weathered soils of alluvial and volcanic origin. This lively and fresh Chenin Blanc shows prominent aromas of guava, green apple and tropical fruit. On the palate this wine is juicy, round and flavourful. Available online- buy here.
- Ecker Roter Veltliner – Was £13.99, now £11.99, SAVE £2*
- Cardinal Richard Muscadet – Was £11.99, now £9.99, SAVE £2*
- Desjacques Sauvignon Blanc – Was £9.99, now £8.99, SAVE £1*
- Vilacetinho Vinho Verde – Was £8.99, now £7.99, SAVE £1*
- Chateau Peychard Bordeaux – Was £11.99, now £9.99, SAVE £2
- Pfaffl dot Cherry – Was £11.99, now £9.99, SAVE £2
Pfaffl ‘The Dot – Cherry’ Zweigelt has been made to show off the dark cherry character that is a signature of the grape. Served with a slight 20 min fridge chill or a couple of minutes in an ice bucket it is the perfect partner for a peppered tuna steak or spicy lamb kebabs. Available online- buy here.
- Mariana Rocim – Was £9.99, now £8.99, SAVE £1
This is full of rich, yet soft, dark fruit with little hints of warm spice and a lick of sweet red fruit in the finish. Lovely, fine grained, smooth, tannins in the finish. Rich and smooth without being overly heavy. Available online.
- Vinecrafter Merlot – £7.49 each or 6 for £40, SAVE £4.94
KWV is one of South Africa’s leading wine producers, and the new owners have brought in a new innovative approach and modern wine style. This Merlot has a lovely rich style and shows upfront aromas of plum, mulberry and fruit cake with a touch of vanilla and smokiness on the finish. Available online.
- Parlez Vous Malbec – £7.99 each or 6 for £40, SAVE £7.94
If you like Malbec from Argentina but without oak ageing this is the wine for you! Enjoy an expressive bouquet of blackcurrant, lots of bramble fruit flavours with a nice soft and velvety finish on the palate. Available online.
- Bardos Romantica – Was £13.99, now £11.99, SAVE £2*
- Haut Barrail Bordeaux – Was £16.99, now £14.99, SAVE £2*
- Camino Reserva Rioja – Was £14.99, now £12.99, SAVE £2*
- Hilanda Organic Monastrell was £9.99, now £8.49, SAVE £1.50*
- Palacio Camino Joven Rioja was £9.99, now £8.99, SAVE £1*
*Offers available in store only.