9th March 2021 by The Whalley Wine Shop Team
The Whalley Wine Shop are hiring! Here’s an exciting job opportunity if you’re looking to develop your career in the wine industry…
Candidates should have the following:
- Existing experience in a wine retail role – ideally at assistant manager, trainee manager or
- WSET qualification. Level 3 ideal, level 2 will be considered.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service and confidently sell wine in a customer facing,
high street retail environment.
- A genuine desire and passion for learning about wine and being in the wine industry.
- Physically fit and able to move boxes of wine around regularly.
- Be over 21 and have a full clean UK driving licence (for vehicle insurance purposes)
- Be a proper team player, not be afraid to get stuck in and graft hard and be able to make a
- Learn how to operate all aspects of the shop to be able to run it independently from senior
management if necessary.
- Learn and implement all necessary procedures and paperwork.
- Display exceptional customer service and sales skills – First and foremost you will be selling wine
in a retail environment.
- Increase your own knowledge about wine via study, regular tasting and general inquisitiveness.
- Competitive Salary with over time paid Pro Rata.
- 28 days Holiday per year. Closed Christmas Day, Boxing day, New Year’s Day plus your birthday off.
- Generous staff discount.
- Regular incentive schemes and mini bonuses.
- Weekly in-house wine tastings plus regular national tastings.
- Financial support towards further WSET qualifications.
If you feel the above appeals to you and you have the required experience and want to join a team of hardworking, award winning, independent minded wine lovers then get in touch with our Managing Director Tom via email@example.com.
Application deadline: 31/03/2021
Send a covering letter explaining your current position and CV. We would love to hear from you…