Here at The Whalley Wine Shop we believe that it’s important to keep our customers and staff safe. We are adhering to strict hygiene conditions and will also be offering some services to make this time easier and safer for everyone!
Until the government instructs otherwise we are keeping The Whalley Wine Shop open for business. We are passionate about what we do and the great customers we look after and want to be able to offer access to our fantastic range of handpicked wines, beers and spirits. We remain open from 10.30am-10pm 7 days a week. We are taking the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously and want to do our utmost to keep our customers and team here safe.
If you are ‘self isolating’ or maintaining social distancing we also offer home delivery on orders over £50. This is as follows:
– Free delivery within 10 miles journey
– £9.99 for next day courier delivery service over 10 miles
All bottles being delivered will be wiped down with antibacterial wipes before being boxed and delivered.
Drivers will wear gloves and change these between deliveries.
We are more than happy to deliver in a ‘Knock a door run’ style and leave deliveries on the doorstep (obviously the driver won’t leave until we see you acknowledge your delivery has arrived!)
We can take payment over the phone or via cash on delivery.
We also offer a number of products on our website, which we can deliver for free within 10 miles of The Whalley Wine Shop. Or it’s only £6.99 for 6 bottles and £9.99 for 12 bottles delivered anywhere in mainland UK. We can guarantee you that every bottle that leaves The Whalley Wine Shop will be cleaned thoroughly! We also use a fantastic courier service, who are flexible with delivery. When placing an order online, please leave a delivery note, and we’ll make sure you’re wine is delivered to your request.
If you’re visiting us in store, we would like you to know that we are following all the government and medical advice and have new procedures in place to help our customers and staff:
- Please follow the government guide lines on hand washing, wash your hands with soap and water often- do this for at least 20 seconds. Staff will be washing their hands regularly between serving customers.
- We have hand sanitiser should you need it, just ask one of the team.
- Please follow government policy “Catch it, Bin It, Kill It”. There are tissues always available at the till, soap and hot water available in the toilets and hand sanitiser at the till.
- We are cleaning ‘high traffic’ areas much more regularly and making sure door and fridge handles are wiped clean often.
- We will be suppling paper towels in the customer toilets instead of hand towels.
- There will be boxes of tissues on the counter.
We feel incredibly lucky to have a business in the heart of the beautiful Ribble Valley and are always grateful for the support and loyalty our customers have shown us, right from the early years. We never take for granted the fact that without your support we wouldn’t be able to open the doors and do what we love. Thank you!
We’re here to help, please get in contact if there is anything that we can do to help make this time easier for you.
The Whalley Wine Shop